The 17th Annual care • give • run® presented by Vertical Bridge is going VIRTUAL!
Carolina Children’s Charity cares deeply about your health and safety and that of our entire community. For this reason, we will be modifying the format of our 17th Annual care • give • run® 5K Partial Trail Run & Family Fun Walk to allow for the event to carry on virtually.
We had hoped we would be able to hold our 17th annual event at Palmetto Islands County Park as planned, but due to current circumstances, we feel our best and safest option is to have a virtual race.
We know that 2020 has been a difficult year in so many ways and that money is tight everywhere. CCC is fortunate to have many committed businesses and community supporters that believe in our work and have made generous donations to support this year’s event.
A virtual race still allows us to participate “together,” spread awareness, and raise money for Carolina Children’s Charity (CCC).
The pandemic has been challenging for all of us and impacted our daily lives. CCC’s fundraising for the past 6 months has also been impacted. We know if we work together we can come out of this ahead. Now, more than ever, we need this fundraiser to be successful so we can continue to be the answer for Lowcountry children with birth defects and childhood diseases and their families when no one else can help. You can help by registering for the virtual run or walk or by making a donation. Grab your co-workers, friends and family and let’s raise funds for special needs children in our community by doing a 5K or Fun Walk. Have fun and support a great cause while maintaining social distance guidelines. We greatly appreciate all donations no matter how big or small. All Money Raised Here Stays Here!!!
What you need to know:
1. If you have already registered, your registration has been shifted to the virtual event. There is no need to re-register. If you haven’t registered, register online at www.caregiverun2020.eventbrite.com. Online registration ends Tuesday, September 22nd at 5 pm. By participating in the virtual race, you understand and agree that the representations made in the previously executed liability waiver shall apply. Please abide by all regional guidelines related to social distancing and COVID-19.
2. All participants who register no later than September 6th will receive a $5.00 gift card to The Kickin’ Chicken.
3. You may complete your virtual run at the time and location of your choice and decide what type of course you prefer. For example: a local track, your favorite trail, your neighborhood, on a treadmill, etc. The official event day is Saturday, September 26th but you can participate from 9/24- 9/30. This gives you extra time to personalize your race plan to honor CCC and our mission.
4. The top eight emailed and pictured race times will receive a $25.00 gift card to Page’s Okra Grill, a $25.00 gift card to Kickin’ Chicken and a 1 Week Free Gift Card from Fit Body Boot Camp- Mt. Pleasant! If you want to be eligible for prizes, be sure to log your performance on a tracking app or device of your choice (Strava, RunKeeper, Map My Run, etc.), then share your 5k result by taking a photo, or screenshot, and emailing it to email@example.com. To be eligible, all entries must be received by 9pm on September 30th and there must be a picture of your timing.
5. Get social! Participants are encouraged to post pictures on social media using the hashtag #caregiverun. Each use of the hashtag, with a photo, will count as an entry to win a $25 gift card to Shoe Carnival! Two winners will be chosen at random on October 1st. Remember, if you want us to see your hashtag, the photo must be publicly visible.
6. Packet pick up will be in the Sweet Grass Room at The Springhill Suites by Marriott located at 245 Magrath Darby Blvd., Mount Pleasant, on Thursday September 24th from 12pm-5pm and Friday September 25th from 12pm-6pm. ServiceMaster will have their ice cream truck at packet pick-up on 9/25 from 1pm – 4pm to serve you ice cream. Tickets will be handed out at packet pick-up for your free ice cream. Only one ticket will be given for the person picking up the packet(s). If you are picking up multiple packets you will still only receive one ticket. If you would prefer your packet to be mailed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($10.00 shipping fee). Packets will not be held past 5pm on Wednesday, September 30.
FUNdraise with us! Fundraising efforts will be rewarded by individual, not team. (These are funds raised beyond your registration costs and turned in prior to 5pm on September 30.):
• Participants who raise $50.00 will receive a CCC t-shirt.
• Participants who raise $75.00 will receive a CCC t-shirt and a Be Our Guest (BOG) card (Valued at $7.59 pre-tax) to Raising Cane’s. The BOG cards to Raising Cane’s are good for one box combo which includes: 4 chicken fingers with cane’s sauce, crinkle cut fries, coleslaw, a drink and Texas toast (Some substitutions are allowed, see store for details.).
• Participants who raise $100 will receive a CCC t-shirt, a BOG card to Raising Cane’s and an ice cream free dip card to Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream and Sandwich Café.
• Participants who raise $150.00 will receive a CCC t-shirt, a BOG card to Raising Cane’s, an ice cream free dip card to Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream and Sandwich Café and $10.00 in gift cards to Kickin’ Chicken. Plus, if you raise more than $150.00, your name will be entered into a drawing to win 52 smoothies (one per week) from Tropical Smoothie!
- The top five participants raising more than $150.00 will receive a $100.00 gift card to Stretch Zone.
- The top two fundraisers will receive a tailgate certificate (valued at $36.31 pre-tax) to Raising Cane’s which includes: 25 Chicken Fingers, 8 sauces of your choice and 8 pieces of Texas toast.
Thank you for your support of Carolina Children’s Charity and for helping make a difference in the lives of Lowcountry children with birth defects and childhood diseases. Let’s give our community something to celebrate!
Through the years, your charitable giving of time, talent and resources has provided over 4.2 million dollars back to children in the Lowcountry. CCC provides grants allowing children facing obstacles access to therapy, medical equipment, medical care, medications, and so much more. With your assistance, these children with special healthcare needs receive support to enhance their abilities to walk, talk, eat, and play – activities they may have never fully or joyfully experienced otherwise.
All money raised here stays here and EVERY dollar makes a difference in the life of a Lowcountry child.
EventBrite page: http://www.caregiverun2020.eventbrite.com